Hey there! Do I have a fun project for you this holiday weekend (Happy Birthday 'Murica!)! Of course, making this pizza can be super simple if you purchase pre-made pesto and pizza dough from the store, but you can go all out and make your own like I did! It's the perfect project for a long weekend, makes for great party food, and everyone can help out, bringing friends and family even closer for a celebration. Will you take me up on this? Because I think you'll be glad you did!
Vegan Pesto Pizza
Prep Time: 15 minutes (not counting if you're making your own pesto or dough)
Cook Time: 20-30+ minutes (you know your oven)
1 recipe for homemade pizza dough* or store bought
1 c. homemade pesto or store bought
5 cloves of garlic, minced
olive oil spray
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray/brush a pizza stone or baking sheet with olive oil.
- Spread the pizza dough out** on the baking sheet. Leaving some space around the edges, spread the pesto out across the dough. Top with slices of tomato and minced garlic.
- Allow the pizza to cook through. The toppings should be roasty and toasty while the crust will be golden brown.
- Cut into awkwardly shaped slices (this happens with homemade pizza... just call it rustic!) and enjoy!
* This is my go-to recipe! I follow it pretty closely, except I don't add the sweetener.
** Make sure you spread the pizza dough out fairly thinly, because it does rise a lot. That is, unless you prefer a very fluffy crust! The dough should be really golden brown when the pizza is ready. I could've left the pizza from my photo in the oven for a bit longer, but it was still great!
Given my current living situation, I don't have access to a grill right now, but it would be a really fun way to incorporate this dish into your barbecue plans!