Hey! I'm sorry for my lack of posts around here recently. Last weekend I was feeling particularly drained and not very creative, so I figured it was better to post nothing than something that I wasn't happy with.
I think that feeling that I had is semi-related to why I haven't been so motivated to exercise too. I almost feel like something is missing; that spark beneath me that pushes me to think and act. As much as I hate it, I want to get lost in the internet and in all of the words that other people have to share. And then at that, I only read them. I try to think about what they really mean to me, but I don't do anything else.
I think I'm just tired. I really need to start doing a better job of taking care of myself (for example, I should not be writing this post at 10:45 p.m. if I really wanted to get to sleep early). Well, I am just trying to do my best (juggling internship, blogging, sleep, cooking/eating, being a person, and now a Spanish class that I have just started). Everything worthwhile takes work, so I'll work harder at... getting better rest!
And now for the news... (I can justify getting lost in the internet for this post each week! I tell myself it's for work.)
- Wouldn't it be great if we could all just be supermodels? Wouldn't that just solve all our problems? (Do you detect the sarcasm here?)
- When I have my own office, I want a standing desk.
- Well there goes the Great Barrier Reef. Can people stop saying that climate change isn't real now?
- Why you should try new things. Always be learning!
- This interview is an honest and thoughtful reflection on one woman's experience with an eating disorder through to her state of recovery today. I think she shared some poignant anecdotes that can help us all get connected to and mindful of our eating habits, whether you have an eating disorder or not.
- Three visualization exercises for when you need a pep talk.
- Sometimes it's hard to focus on our health, when it seems like so many other things are more important and pressing. However, I believe that health, whatever that means to you, is one key to happiness, and minding our health is one of the best self-love exercises we can practice.
- Can we all agree that these dogs are adorable? And even though it says poodles a bunch of these dogs look like doodles (like my Riley... hi puppy! (I know he can't read this.)).
- Fish are friends, not food. #NoBullying
- Vacuum Harmonicas. Because it's almost midnight now.
- I'm still trying to slow down my racing brain most of the time... maybe this peanut butter nice cream will help.
- I'm feeling this paella now that I'm back to practicing Spanish!
- Say "Happy Birthday 'Murica!" with some Triple Coconut Granola with berries and (non-dairy) yogurt!
- Vegan Pesto and Roasted Tomato Pizza just sounds perfect for summer, doesn't it?
- Or what about some animal-friendly carrot hot dogs?