Guys I'm finally on the Hamilton bandwagon. I had nothing against the play; I actually wanted to see it as soon as I heard about it. However, I don't normally listen to show tunes, and I'm somewhat wary of things that the mainstream is simply obsessed with. But this weekend, I actually picked up the book of the play, because since it's unlikely I will ever get to see it, I could at least read it. Then I figured if I was reading it, I could listen to it too.
I was blown away by the recording available for purchase. It was a lot of fun to follow the story along that way, and the Broadway actors and actresses are so talented! There was so much emotion captured just in their voices. Additionally, the songs were catchy in their own right, by blending multiple genres, which makes it more appealing to my interests. For a play that attempts to make history mainstream and comment on the state of the nation today, it isn't perfect, but I think it's pretty close. And now I desperately want to win the $10 online lottery tickets so I can go see it in person! (No link included... it's every (wo)man for themselves!)
While I have been waiting for good news, I compiled this list of news for you to check out!
- This is the greatest thing ever... never believe everything you read on the internet!
- If there was ever an avocado shortage in the states, I would fight everyone for all the avocados. #AvocadoToast4Life
- Yesterday was the Second International Day of Yoga! Did you get your om on?
- Philadelphia is the first American city to have a soda tax. I think it's only fair with the way marketing and advertising manipulate people's food choices.
- Apparently, the serving sizes of fast food aren't always uniform internationally, and the United States doesn't always have the largest ones. However, I think our country's problem with fast food comes from the fact that we simply eat it too often. And who says that people in each country are only eating what is considered an official serving size?
- Depending on the way you look at it, it's either fortunate or unfortunate that the Russian Track and Field team has been banned from the Olympics due to doping allegations. If only sport could be about good old fashioned competition.
- Go see Finding Dory! (As if I had to convince you.) It's such a cute movie!
- I have recently found myself with a lot of potatoes... Herbed Red Potato Salad it is!
- What says summer more than grilled corn?
- I'm so jealous that Kathy got to go see Hamilton... but I'm loving her Hamilton-inspired avocado toast!