Did you miss me? I really had plans to post this weekend, but I was home for a cousin's wedding for pretty much exactly 48 hours. So things were a little crazy. The wedding was a lot of fun though and it was great to spend time with family! And I felt *fabulous* in my outfit. While I prefer my casual everyday clothes, it's fun to get dressed up every once in a while.
That leads me to my next point. Through all of the prep on Saturday and staying up late, I was unable to work towards any of my fitness goals. It's not just Saturday; ironically, it's been almost every day since I started this "hey, I'll use my blog to keep myself accountable," thing. I kind of feel bad writing about how I haven't accomplished anything, and I feel bad subjecting you all to something that boring. So for now, my Sunday posts will be about something else!
I don't really want to give up on the plans I laid out in my original Let's go for a run! post, but perhaps now is not the time. If it comes, I think it will come naturally. And I know I'm not giving up completely on exercise any time soon! I am going to keep trying, but maybe I just won't tell you every single detail. I guess then when I PR in my next race, it will be an exciting surprise! In the meanwhile, I have been walking crazy miles in order to avoid paying for public transportation and to get outside in the city.
*End PSA* Now back to the main purpose of this post! It's time to kick back with some interesting new reads and recipes!
- My heart is breaking over the senselessness of the violence that occurred over the weekend. I want to send my love and support for those affected by the Orlando massacre and all gun violence.
- So maybe everything in moderation doesn't really work that well for some people because there is no objective way to determine what is okay and what is excess. I'm all for special treats, but sometimes it's easy to go overboard. Be honest with yourselves, people.
- I am not a 1D fangirl, but you gotta feel for Zayn Malik after he had to cancel a performance due to anxiety, especially when you've been in the same boat. Celebrities: they're actually just like us.
- This story about the lovely life of Daisy the dog will make you happy and sad at the same time.
- How many times do I have to say eating fat is good for you before we're all on the same page?
- Suicide is a serious issue, and I don't have anything against Facebook helping people take action to support their loved ones and prevent the worst from happening.
- It's sad that so many people, myself included, can't see what's really going on up in the stars because of light pollution.
- Avocado Tooooooaast (Sorry I'm really tired right now!)
- With this one pot pasta, dinner is done.
- I love cauliflower, and I have to try a cauliflower steak recipe one of these days. Or maybe a whole baked cauliflower. Or Buffalo cauliflower bites. Or curried cauliflower. I hope one ends up in my FARMSHARE bag at some point!